Re: CPU running half speed on ThinkPad with FC2

Steven Garrity wrote:
The "cpu MHz" is always 1199.54, regardless of whether I'm running on AC power or battery, and even though it's a 2MHz processor.

I understand that "speedstep" processors can run at a lower clock speed to conserve power. However, I would have thought that it would run at max speed when not on battery power. Also, the system feels noticeably slower overall vs. FC1.

[root ibmlaptop cpufreq]# cat scaling_available_governors userspace performance [root ibmlaptop cpufreq]# cat scaling_governor userspace

What does it say on your system? The default governor is configurable in the BIOS of my Thinkpad T41. "userspace" must be selected for the cpuspeed service to manage the processor speed dynamicaly.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com