Dell Latitude Laptop Video problems with FC2

Ed Gurski ed at gurski.com
Tue May 25 20:53:05 UTC 2004

I was previously running FC1 and decided to upgrade to FC2. My Dell
laptop has an ATI Radeon Mobilty  video card. When I installed FC2 it
could not detect my monitor, so I set it to a Dell Flat Panel for
laptop. I also set the resolution to 1280 x 1024 (my previous settings).

When FC2 boots, it gives me the boot GUI and then when X starts I get
the message tha another X server is running on Display 0? I'm a little
confused here since I thought it should start on Display 7.

I try to get it to start on D:7, but all I see is the big X with nothing
else.

If this has already been resolved, could someone point me to the thread
and I thank you.