Re: how to access external firewire HDD

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Patrick Geremia wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know how I can access my external firewire HDD in FC1
(HDD mounted in a PYRO 1394 derive kit).

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
Patrick

PS: Below the output of dmesg command as it looks like this information
is often requested.

<snip>

Firewire's been disabled in the FC2 kernel due to problems.  Hopefully the
kernel team upstream will fix it and get a patch to the distro kernel
teams so that firewire will work again soon.

The initial question was about FC1. And for FC2 there is now a 'test' kernel that has firewire enabled..

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-May/msg02494.html

Satish