Building a 2.6.6 kernel

Chris Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Tue May 25 21:10:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 13:23:49 -0700, Geoffrey Leach <geoff at direcway.com> wrote:
>       You should also replace "rhgb quiet" with vga=all.  This will allow you
>       to select console properties maximize the amount of infromation you can
>       see.  I use vga=780 which gets me 60 linex x 132 characters.

Hi,

I have already compiled a 2.5.5 kernel and installed nVidia drivers
for FC2 (works great).  But I would like to have the 132x60 output on
my console during boot.  My question is should I have vga=all in my
grub.conf, or vga=780?  I am a little bit confused by your
instructions here.  Do the console properties show up on the grub boot
screen?  What other properties can you set?

Thanks for all the helpful info!

Kind Regards,
Chris