Re: Quickcam in FC2 - insmod issues

Scott Sloan wrote:
Went to install a Logitech quickcam on a machine today. Downloaded and
compiled the drivers just find but when I went to insmod the driver, I
get the following error:

[root Curran415 qc-usb-0.6.0]# /sbin/insmod ./quickcam.ko
insmod: error inserting './quickcam.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

On a different note - I can't seem to get my QuickCam 4000 to come second in the list if sound devices for Gnome/Alsa. Only after I unplug the camera will sound work again from my SB Live. It doesn't matter if I tell Kudzu to ignore it's presence.

In the past, I've been able to change the sound device deep within a Gnome config, however it's frustrating that I can't choose this within a more obvious place.

Any thoughts?
-Rick

--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson medata com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.