/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such file or directory

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue May 25 23:30:29 UTC 2004

Jan Houtsma said:
> Hello,
>
> While running up2date i get:
> /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such file or directory

This is a harmless error.

> This is on an upgraded machine (from core1 ---> core2).
> On another server (a new install) i don't see this error!!

Updates only update existing packages, not add new ones.

> Indeed i don't have the directory /etc/security/selinux/.
>
> Why????

Probably because you don't have the policy rpm installed.  You might want
to check on libselinux, but I think it gets pulled in because of deps.  To
be on the safe side, you probably want to verify that "SELINUX=disabled"
is in /etc/sysconfig/selinux.

--
William Hooper