missing floppy

Dwaine Castle dcastle at carolina.rr.com
Tue May 25 23:32:34 UTC 2004

FC2 installed well and everything seemed to work -- I thought.

I noticed that my floppy drive doesn't work.  I'replaced the drive and cable
with new parts then reinstalled FC2.  The BIOS will boot a DOS floppy, and a
RH9 boot floppy created from on an XP machine.  Attempts to mount the floppy
manually yield "invalid block device".

I am working my way through Michael Jang's RHCE ver8 study guide. but it
doesn't offer much help with this.  I had RH9 on this machine and the
original drive worked fine.

Any suggestions?

I think that having 3 devices share IRQ 10 seems funny, but one thing at a
time.

Thank you.
Dwaine

Suprmicro P4STA /1.7Ghz
768 MB memory
80GB WD-JB HD
HP9900i CD
SoundBlaster16 audio

           CPU0
  0:     619774          XT-PIC  timer
  1:        456          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
 10:      49610          XT-PIC  eth0, radeon at PCI:1:0:0, Ensoniq
AudioPCI
 11:          0          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd
 12:       7441          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:      17552          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:       5746          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0