SELinux and FC2

I have been noticing that the system thinks it has SELinux enabled. I get messages saying it failed to find a SELinux file when I run yum install. I did not explicitly ask for SELinux when I installed FC2. It was my impression that FC2 did not include this if not explicitly asked for. I noticed the following messages in /var/log/messages.

SELinux Initializing
SELinux starting in permissive mode
there is already a security framework initialized. Register-security failed
Failure registering capabilities with the kernel.

further down in the messages file it had:

SELinux_register_security: registering security module capability.

and:

SELinux: registering netfilter hooks

It would appear that SELinux is indeed installed?
It this so? I am confused.

--
Richard Miles
Federal Way, WA