burning DVD

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed May 26 02:10:29 UTC 2004

I'm sending this message in case someone else is in the same situation.

I tried to burn the FC2 DVD ISO on Red Hat 9, using dvdrecord. However,
it didn't work, it said the driver (or whatever) for my DVD-Writer is
not good, it mangled a blanc DVD, etc. I gave up without trying too
much.

Then i remembered i'm using dvd+rw-tools to burn video DVDs. I
downloaded the dvd+rw-tools src.rpm from Rawhide (but probably the FC2
src.rpm would work as well) and rebuilt it on my RH9 system. Then i used
growisofs to burn my home-made video DVDs. I burned many video DVDs this
way with no problems.

The command that burns the FC2 ISO is:

growisofs -speed=4 -dvd-compat -Z /dev/scd0=FC2-i386-DVD.iso

Adjust -speed=4 to match your burner and blanc. Replace /dev/scd0 with
your DVD-Writer device if it's different.

HTH,

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/