kernel 2.6 and KVM's

Don Maxwell don.maxwell at usa.net
Wed May 26 05:41:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 05:50, Chadley Wilson wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:28:02 +0200
> From: Chadley Wilson <chadley at pinteq.co.za>
> Subject: Re: kernel 2.6 and KVM's
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 17:45, Vernon A. Fort wrote:
> > Quick question, has anyone found either a hardware setup or a
> > configuration tweek which will allow you to use the wheel mouse
> > with a KVM device (Curently I use the Belkin SOHO 4port + audio) under
> > the 2.6* kernels.
> >
> Hi Vernon
> Strange that you should experience such a Problem. but I have to ask a
> few Q's.
> Does the scroll work if the mouse is plugged directly into the PC, (no
> kvm)?
> What model KVM is it?
> Did you only experience the problem after migrating to the 2.6 kernel?
> Which kernel is it?
>
> The reason I must ask is I have over 40 Kvms on the production Line here
> and apart from dropping the mouse between switching we have never had
> any troubles with the scroll
>
> cheers
>

> --
> Chadley - Linux Rocks

Does anyone know if a resolution was ever found for the problem with the
mouse losing sync with a Belkin 4-port KVM switch?  This is my KVM
switch as well.  I can confirm that the mouse does lose sync in FC2 but
was quite stable in FC1 when toggling between PCs.

CTRL-ALT-F1 and back does not seem to help nor does CTRL-ALT-BKSPC.

I am writing this from my old FC1 box as the new FC2 is unstable without
a reboot.

BTW, my Logitech scroll mouse DOES work.

Thanks!
   --Don