Fedora 2 and Win XP dual boot bug

Adam Antoniak antonim at panda.bg.univ.gda.pl
Wed May 26 08:55:09 UTC 2004

Hi guys,
I've been following this list for a while and know you guys rock. I made a
fresh install of Fedora Core 2 yesterday and put GRUB into MBR (did it
when installing Fedora 1 and experienced no problem) and experienced the
well known bug. I'm not able to boot my XP anymore as the GRUB stops at
'chainloader +1'. I'm sure my ntfs Windows partition is ok as I can
access if from Fedora 2 (it works like a dream by the way).I googled for
about an hour and found several suggestions to solve the problem. I'm
curious of your opinion. Any commonly accepted fix? Looks like the problem
with partition table and needless to say I'm unwiling to play with it
unless it is really neccessary (loosing 40Gb of data in case
something goest wrong doesn't sound good to me).