FC2: lefthanded mouse doesn't work

T. Ribbrock emgaron at gmx.net
Wed May 26 11:55:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 08:51:11AM +0200, Joolz wrote:
> Yesterday I upgraded a machine from FC1 to FC2 (from the bootcd).
> Since then my left handed mouse thinks it's righthanded :-(

> I have this in my ~/.xinitrc:

> xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1"
[...]

Di you try and run that command from a terminal window (e.g.
xterm/rxvt)? If so, does it work then? If it *does* work, then your
.xinitrc isn't read anymore for some reasons - maybe due to the change
away from XFree86 (I honestly don't know)?

The only time I had this problem in the past was when I had told FC1 to
do a boot to initlevel 5 (graphical login), so I switched back to
console login (initlevel 3).

Cheerio,

Thomas
--