Eth0 performance

I use a router to connect to the Internet via broadband. My PC is due boot win98 (the wife) and currently FC2 for me. Since I have upgraded to FC2 from FC1 my browser performance has slowed. Some times it feels like I am using a k56 modem. If we use Win 98 or WinXP from my work laptop through the same connection we get great performance.

Is this a know problem in 2.6.5 or a configuration problem?

Help please

Tim
begin:vcard
fn:Tim and Alison Bentley
n:Bentley;Tim and Alison
email;internet:Home TimAliBentley org uk
tel;work:01342 323711
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
end:vcard