RE: terminal command line weirdness

>What sort of terminal are you using? If it's a program, what is the
>name of the program? This sounds like a traditional terminfo problem.

I'm just opening a terminal window in Gnome, and keying in standard console
commands. Nothing fancy.

The default windows size is 80x24. Key in a bunch of commands (ll will do)
to fill up the empty screen. Then key in a long command that wraps back
around to the start of the same line, BUT DON'T HIT ENTER. Now resize the
window a bit smaller, then a bit larger using your mouse, and watch the line
crawl up the window. That's just one of the crazy symptoms.

Long commands become a real headache when you retrieve them from history as
that crawling up the screen happens and you can't read the whole command
line to attempt to modify it.

--
Bill Gradwohl
YCC