Soundcard recognized but no sound

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed May 26 13:22:54 UTC 2004

On May 26, 2004 at 07:43, Marc Mouries in a soothing rage wrote:

>Hi,
>
>With FC I can see in the control panel that my sound card
Which FC, 1 or 2?

>is well recognized. My soundblaster live is seen as "emu10k1"
>but there is not sound.
>I tried to raise the volume in the alsa mixer but it did not help.
>
>Any hints ?
Loads. What is the output of /sbin/lsmod? What are the content of
/etc/modprobe.conf (FC2) or /etc/modules.conf (FC1)? Did playing
the test sound work when you installed? Did you look thru the
archives to see if anyone had similar problems to yours?

N.Emile...
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
		-- Voltaire
 09:19:58  up 8 days, 14:10,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00