Re: Building a 2.6.6 kernel

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 01:23:49PM -0700, Geoffrey Leach wrote:

> What follows is a short course on building your own kernel, using the released
> sources from kernel.org.  Keep in mind, that with the freedom of DIY builds
<snip>
>       and within that to "Firmware Drivers".  Make sure that "Use register
>       arguments (EXPERIMENTAL) REGPARM" is unchecked.
<snip>

I did not disable register arguments, and it's all working great
w/nVIDIA 5336 and a vanilla 2.6.6, 5 days up w/working, gaming, and all.
I think that 4K stacks is the only show-stopper. (I'm guessing it's
working because the interfaces are in fact recompiled every time, when
installing the nvidia driver, and they will also be compiled with the
-mregparm=3 gcc flag)

..or maybe I'm just lucky.

Øyvind

--
< Øyvind Stegard <oyvinst ifi uio no>
 < University of Oslo, Dept. of informatics