Yum Proxy Settings

KEVIN CROOKES kevin.crookes at btinternet.com
Wed May 26 13:00:52 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Right I have a quick question for you all now. I currently have a FC1 box which sits behide a corporate firewall running ISA with Active Directory. Now I can access the internet without a problem using Mozilla, just a case of putting the Proxy settings into Mozilla along with the username and password.

The problem I have at the moment is, I am wanting to keep up-to-date with the latest updates, now for this I am using Yum (wonderful little program) but I keep getting errors along the lines of [Errno 7] HTTP Error (CannotSendRequest). First I thought with it using the default repository there could be some lag issues so I changed the repository, but I still get the same problem.

I have configured the Network Proxy settings by going through Preferences and double checked that these are all correct and they are.

The main two questions are:-

What port does Yum use to send and receive the updates through?

Do I have to edit the conf file for Yum so that it uses a Proxy?

Any information on this would be very helpful.

Thanks

Kevin