Still the anoying installer problem.

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 26 13:59:15 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 26.05.2004 schrieb akonstam at trinity.edu um 15:52:

> As I suspected the installer in FC2 still has the following anoying
> problem. You create the root user before you decide that you don't
> want to use md5 passwds. So root has a md5 passwd that screws up
> passwd autherization ant least if you are using NIS.
> Why was this done? It would have been easy to make the default
> non-md5 passwds.

> Aaron Konstam

Did you file it to bugzilla? Did you communicate it on the developer
mailing list?

"not in bugzilla - not a bug" ;)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 15:57:44 up 3 days, 21:54, load average: 0.18, 0.33, 0.36
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]