FC2 ate my system

lwj wayne at zkcelltest.com
Wed May 26 15:13:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 07:56, Christopher Stone wrote:
> Well, you probably should have done some more research into the bug
> before installing Fedora.  But just to play devil's advocate, if this
> is such a major critical bug, then how come Microsoft hasn't "fixed"
> their installer to recognize linux partitions?  Do you same people
> complain to Microsoft for not recognizing Linux????

The problem is not Windows. The problem is that when you install FC2 it
modifies the partition table when it should not. During installation
there is notification that the partition table is different than
expected and you are given the option to ignore the problem.
Unfortunately, instead of ignoring it the install tries to fix it?

If I understand the problem correctly, whether or not the problem
effects you depends on your BIOS and how it reports that Hard drive
geometry. I have installed on 4 systems. The newer systems did not have
the problem. The 2 older systems did.

Fortunately, the problem is easy to fix. Satish's email has a link to
the problem description and the command to run that fixes the problem.