CiscoVPN with Fedora-Core2

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Wed May 26 18:26:28 UTC 2004

Hello,

Terry Polzin wrote:

> On Friday May 21 2004 16:40, John Wendel wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>software. Since the Cisco software doesn't work with FC2
>

> Actually, Cisco does have a working VPN client for the 2.6 kernel
> you need version 4.0.4-k9.  I've had it working without any difficulty.

And the 'tg3' driver doesn't work any better under FC 2 than it did
under FC 1 (at least for me).

So I had to redownload and recompile the Broadcom driver (bcm5700) for
my system.

The symptoms with the tg3 driver are similar to having a mismatched MTU
value.  You can connect the VPN, but then can't actually access anything
useful, like email or web pages greater than a certain minimal size.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own