Re: touch pad on compaq presario 1700?

lwj wrote:

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 05:55, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

Håkan Larsson wrote:

Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

Try adding "psmouse.proto=imps" to the kernel arguments in your grub.conf entries.

No:-( it did not work on my compaq presario 1700.

Regardes Hakan

Sorry to hear that. Worked great on my Presario 2100.
Have you checked for BIOS updates for the 1700?
You might also search the list archive for synaptics just in the last few days - someone mentioned a driver rpm to install.

If you have a synaptics touchpad trying installing the driver. I used
the direction here:
http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=954&sid=fa6523c759e52792013c9a445b0f5296
The driver also available from this site in both binary and source form.

Is there by any chance a version of this anywhere for FC2? It looks neat, but the FC1 RPM starts throwing strange messages when I try it.

JDL