feedback to NVidia [was: Nvidia Drivers]

Elliott Wilcoxon elliott at wilcoxon.org
Wed May 26 19:25:56 UTC 2004

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

> So you admit you're completely and utterly in the dependence of _some_
> goodwill that's not even, apparently as you say, put on paper by NVIDIA.
>
> How is that good, come again?
>
> I care about having _real_ support for the hardware I buy.
> That can only be achieved by hardware specification or Free Software
> drivers provided by the hardware vendor.
>
> Rui

Well then, there's your problem!  You've confused yourself for those who
own and use nvidia hardware!  Once you come to realize that there exist
people other than yourself who wish to use nvidia hardware (and they
even want to use proprietary drivers, *gasp!*), then you'll be able to
leave threads about said drivers alone, preventing many a flamewar.

Elliott Wilcoxon