FC2 (i386) on emachines 6805 laptop.

Hi,

Has anyone tried FC2 final (i386) on emachines 6805 laptop? For me it
boots, anaconda loads and then just freezes after quickly flashing some
message. This happens very rapidly and I can't read the message.

The keyboard is dead and I had to shutdown the machine by pressing the
power button for 4-5 seconds.

I have tried using external USB keyboard, external USB mouse. It doesn't
make any difference. I also tried Mandrake 10.0 (i386) and faced the
same problem during install. Interestingly FC2 final for x86_64 doesn't
seem to be affected by this.

Any ideas?

Regards/Kedar.