Laptop/Notebook support

Cameron Showalter cameron at gwschool.com
Wed May 26 20:14:16 UTC 2004

by runlevel, which is verified in /etc/inittab by line
id:X:initdefault   where X is usually either 3 or 5.

3 boots you to a command prompt with no gui
5 boots you to the gui.

if you are in runlevel 3, you would go to /etc/rc3.d/ and see llinks
that start with either S's (start) or K's (kill).  these are links to
/etc/init.d for all the startup files.  the number next to the S or K is
sequentially how they start.   I moved S25pcmcia to S08pcmcia so it
would started early in the boot up process.

hth,
cameron

--
Cameron Showalter