Re: touch pad on compaq presario 1700?

lwj wrote:

If you have a synaptics touchpad trying installing the driver. I used
the direction here:
http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=954&sid=fa6523c759e52792013c9a445b0f5296
The driver also available from this site in both binary and source form.

Is there by any chance a version of this anywhere for FC2? It looks neat, but the FC1 RPM starts throwing strange messages when I try it.

JDL

I am running FC2, I was able to install the driver driver listed as synaptics-0.12.5-vm1.i386.rpm from that site:

http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/files/RPMS/

This page also indicates that it can be installed via apt.

I've installed it ok via rpm. But what incantations are then needed to make it operational?

JDL