X.org crashing when switching to console

Hi,

I have FC2 crashing on me when switching from the graphical tty7 to a
normal console via CTRL-ALT-F1 e.g.

The system crashes completely with sound looping and the screen staying
blank.

However, I do not see any kernel ooops as the screen is blank. Logs are
empty after a reboot.

Any idea on how to debug this and get some meaningful data for bugzilla?

bye,
 andreas