Install hangs at logo after running anaconda

shaungcarter at charter.net shaungcarter at charter.net
Wed May 26 21:20:07 UTC 2004

k, ran 'linux text' and 'linux reiserfs text', here's what I get

running anaconda
probing for video card type
VESA
probing for monitor type
E70fb-3 pass
probing for mouse type
generic 3 button PS/2
disabled irq #3

At which point, everything stops, no errors.  Unable to CTRL-ALT-Fn to another screen, can't type any characters either.

> >Try installing using 'linux text'...
> >Good Luck,
> >James Kosin
>
>First off, sorry about the munged thread header, can't reply from
>Thunderbird here at work.  Only through a web interface, next one will
be
>inside the thread, promise.
>
>Second, thanks James, will do.
>
>Still would like to know what happened in the GUI install though.  How
do I
>get a log or something saved so that I can troubleshoot that?  Would
REALLY