Need ssh on ppp0, everything else on eth0

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Wed May 26 23:33:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 18:03:50 PM -0500, Satish Balay
(balay at fastmail.fm) wrote:

> >>You might have read that I wasted some days trying to get ssh work
> >>through a D-Link DSL-504T router only to know from D-Link that "yes,
> >>we have succeeded to replicate the problem here. And yes, it *is* a
> >>bug in the *router* firmware. We have already signalled it to R&D,
> >>which will fix it in the next release of the firmware..."
> >>
> >>In the meantime, I do need to do ssh soon. I was thinking to keep
> >>email, www, anything else go ADSL through eth0 and reroute only
> >>ssh/scp (to *any* server) through ppp0. How should I do it?
> >>

> Does the router work with sshd on other ports other than 22?

I haven't tried it because I am running the client. I have to connect
through that router *to* several sshd servers. Almost all of them won't
certainly screw up their other customers changing ports because my
router is broken, will they?

FWIW, I read on an italian newsgroup of another guy who cannot run his
ftp server behind the same router: it really seems as though they ONLY
tested web browsing, email clients, and shipped...

Ciao,
	Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser. - John Gardner