ldconfig

Daniel Stonier snorri_dj at operamail.com
Thu May 27 00:03:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:31:28 +0200, Kiss Gábor <kissg at dataminer.hu> wrote:

>  Dear All,
>
>  where can I find detailed documentation about ldconfig, ld.so.conf,
>  ld.so.cache?
>  I made a new entry in ld.so.conf and after then an ldconfig, but the
> linux
>  can't use the new libraries. (lib for kylix).
>  But if I make only a symlink to the required library, in that case it is
>  working. The problem may comes from other, but I'm interested in the
> library
>  using mechanism.
>
>  Can anyone help me?
>  Thank you
>  Gábor

I found out about ldconfig and ld.so.conf from a c programming for linux
text.
Bound to be some info on a google somewhere.

There's not much to know and you seem to have gotten the procedure right
   - edit ld.so.conf
   - update with ldconfig
is all there is to know. Exactly what did you add to your ld.so.conf?

An example: I have some of the new enlightenment graphics libraries
installed
in /usr/local/e17/lib, so

		echo /usr/local/e17/lib >> /etc/ld.so.conf

does the trick (above just appends the line, /usr/local/e17/lib, to the
end of
the ld.so.conf file).

Cheers,
Daniel.