FC2--can't get SMB share from nautilus

Don Campbell donaldtcampbell at charter.net
Thu May 27 02:01:25 UTC 2004

I've exhausted my resources. I've read tfm till I'm dizzy.

I've played with swat.

I can use smbclient to get information from a WinNT
system with shares via "smbclient -L boxname"

Samba seems to be working. Nautilus gives me:

"The folder contents could not be displayed" Does it
ask for a user name and password? NO. Why not?
I'm sure that with no proper user name and no password
it's perfectly justified in denying me access. Heck, I
want it to deny access without those. So what's the
secret?

As they say over and over in the FC2 list: This didn't
happen before I installed FC2. (I was using RH9 before.)

What's the magic potion -- secret incantation --whatever
that will take away the memory of hours spent futzing
around with this problem?

TIA
Don