Sonic Question

My sound was working nicely in FC1 and today I upgraded 2 machines to FC2 and now no sound. I love everything else about FC2 though. On my home machine I get an error message "error activating XKB configuration--probably an internal server problem...if reporting as bug result of xprop -root| grep XKB, the result of gconftool -2 -R ... and so on". Anyway, as root I can get sound working by running /sbin/modprobe snd-cmipci. When I run the system-config-soundcard it doesn't work. My question is this: how can I get this snd-cmipci to stick? I'm not real sure what config file I need to edit. I can poke around but... I'd rather not blow myself up this week.

Archie Benton
abenton buncombe main nc us