Install hangs at logo after running anaconda

Shaun Carter shaungcarter at charter.net
Thu May 27 04:05:10 UTC 2004

Reserved IRQ #3 in the BIOS and disabled serial port 1.  Now it just
changes what IRQ it's disabling at the end (#9 during the GUI install,
#4 during the text attempt).  Tried "linux text reiserfs noacpi nofb".
Also tried disabling the Legacy USB in the BIOS.  No change.

Here's a repost of the specs since I seem to have removed them in
snipping the size of this.

Asus A7V600-X mobo
Maxtor SATA HD
1GB Kingston RAM