Vncserver setup

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu May 27 08:08:50 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 10:08, Collen Blijenberg  wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a vncserver for fedora core 2
>
> it's working, if i use the "share desktop" thing within kde.
> but every time, when i try to setup a vnc session,
> this popup screen comes up, asking for confirmation
> to accept the session...
>
> it's quite difficult to hit the accept button, when the server is 4
> stores down.. !!?
> so is there a way, to disable this, and accept connections
> automaticly, and secure them with a password, or
> only accept sertain ip adresses ??
>
> in share desktop, there is a option,
> "confirm uninvited connections before accepting"
> but there is no difference in behavior, when enabled or disabled..
>
> who's got some good tips... ?!??
> Collen Blijenberg (Systeem/Netwerk Beheerder)
>
> Montessori Lyceum
> Herman Jordan
> Zeist
This was a feature implemented by VNC as in corporate networks, as you
have to respect the users privacy. So it offers the user (destination
PC) the opportunity to accept or reject the connection.
This was one of the reasons VNC use wasn't permitted in banks and
security companies. Now the user is made aware of the connect and has
the choice.

I have not yet had a look at it myself but according to my collegues
there is an overide.
--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.