Re: Changing the JVM that Tomcat uses

Jan-Pieter van den Heuvel wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem changing the JVM that Tomcat uses from the one from
the Free Software Foundation to the one from Sun. I've installed the
J2SDK1.4.2_04 from Sun and have added the JAVA_HOME environment variable
( = /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_04) to /etc/profile. But after restarting
Tomcat, it still uses the JVM from the Free Software Foundation. How can
I change this? When i use the command 'env' i can see that the JAVA_HOME
environment variable is present and pointing to the correct location.

Thanks in advance,

Jan-Pieter van den Heuvel

My system: Fedora Core 1, Tomcat 4.1.27.

What is the source of your Tomcat installation?

That determines how it starts and what config files need to be edited to get it to work correctly.

E-mail :    nmw ion le ac uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555