about WiFi cards

Denny Figuerres denny at figuerres.com
Thu May 27 13:58:31 UTC 2004

Hi all, I have been a user of RedHat retail packages for a *LONG* time . I
still have CD packages for 5.xx redhat.

In 8.xx I had no problem with a Microsoft mn-520 PCMCIA card, just had to
edit a config file and it worked.

With Fedora Core 1 and 2 it's broke!

Can anyone explain what has happened?

Same laptop, same card, the only difference is a newer version of Linux.

Do I have to go get the Linux-wlan-ng packages to deal with this?

Is there some deep reason that a working driver was broke?

Just trying to understand the problem before I start downloading stuff and
spending time compiling and editing etc..

Thanks!

Denny