Saving Setting to Gnome

Hi

When I reboot my computer, I lost all the setting I did to Gnome for
example; when I go to Keyboard menu (System Setting) I set the keyboard
to Canadian but after reboot its set to the US on. before reboot I event
Check the option Save Current Setup but it does not help. Another
problem; I alway activate system bell but after reboot it does not work