SFTP slow

Alessandro De Maria alledm at libero.it
Thu May 27 14:46:20 UTC 2004

Hi there,

Ive been searching on Internet the solution for my problem, but even in
the archives I could find anything. :-(
Hope I can receive an hint from you.

Basically, I'm experiencing a problem while moving files with sftp (via
the gnome-vfs module).
Everything is REEEALLY slow, which makes the coolest way to quickly move
files from my 2 computers stressfully unusable :-(

actually it's really slow also using ssh itself :-(
This is the configuration:

1 computer :
laptop with wireless connection (eth1) (eth0 down)
fedora 2
192.168.5.9
localhost.localdomain

2 computer
laptop with sis900 as eth0
192.168.5.3
localhost.localdomain

both laptops are connected to internet with a fast connection (quie
fast)
they download at very high speed from internet, but moving a file 2
meters away is SO slow :-)
Any idea?
any test I should do to give you more info?

thanks
Alessandro

P.s. The following quote comes from a random "fortune signature" :-) I
don't really agree with that..

Anything free is worth what you pay for it.
--
Alessandro De Maria <alledm at libero.it>