FC2 acpi=off disables touchpad on Thinkpad T30

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Thu May 27 16:17:34 UTC 2004

+Resending this as there was something wrong with my thunderbird TO: field.+

Running FC2 here on an IBM Thinkpad T30. I'm just wondering... any
particular reason why turning off acpi (via acpi=off) disables my
builtin touchpad? My USB mouse still works. When I rebooted and
reenabled acpi, touchpad worked again.

Anyway, accidentally stumbled on this while trying to figure out how to
enable the little nipple pointing stick on my thinkpad, which I will ask
on another thread.

dex