3C509 Config Problem

Bill (William) Triest wtriest at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Thu May 27 17:05:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 12:27, douglas at croydongroup.com.hk wrote:
<snip>
> Any suggestion to solve the config problem on 3C509? Change IRQ?

I would first try the general networking stuff you will find on the web,
and probably in other answers.

Have you checked /var/log/messages.  One of the 3com cards here (it
ended with a C) was giving us problems if the computer was under a
load.  In /var/log/messages you see a message from eth0 about
interrupts.  The MAJORITY of the time this can safly be ignored, but if
its on a computer with a heavy load then we've had problems.

I know its not much, but its what I have off the top of my head.

Thanks,
William Triest
Student Worker - Linux
Chemistry Department