Rebooting the system and mldonkey daemon

Hi!
I have running kmldonlkey but when I reboot my pc it seems that it can't kill the mldonkey daemon and I have to reset it manually. Should I kill the core of mldonkey using the option "kill core" of kmldonkey? I have tried it but I get the same problem. Should I wait some minutes after killing the core for reboot the system?
I will be very pleased if someone could help me.
I'm using Fedora Core 2.
Thanks in advance

Raúl