sound in gaim

Scott A Phipps saphipps at mchsi.com
Fri May 28 02:00:41 UTC 2004

I am having problems with sound in gaim.  The sound works fine as long
as rhythmbox is not playing or paused, otherwise it outputs no sound.  I
followed bug 124109, but it is now closed, and that workaround does not
work for me.  I have gaim using esd and gstreamer using alsa.  If I set
gstreamer to esd, I get all sorts of weird behavior, such as not being
able to input anything from the keyboard and programs (mozilla,
terminal) hanging when started.  Anyboday got any ideas?  I have an
onboard CM8738 sound chip.

Thanks,

Scott