Suspend or hibernate - how?

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Fri May 28 18:53:28 UTC 2004

Travis Fraser wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 11:49, Dexter Ang wrote:
> [snip]
>>I've love to know as well. I'm currently using testing rpm of kernel
>>2.6.6-1.383. The same result after resuming from suspend. I lose all
>>ability to point using my USB mouse or touchpad. Even an init 3 then
>>init 5 doesn't restore them. Only a reboot does. Also, my LCD monitor on
>>my Thinkpad T30 doesn't turn off.
>> [snip]
>
> What happens if you switch to a virtual terminal and suspend, then
> resume and switch back to X?
>
> Travis Fraser

I've just tried this. Switched to virtual terminal (ctrl-alt-f1), then
suspend. Resume, then return to X (ctrl-alt-f7). My USB mouse and
touchpad still worked! The strange thing was, after a few seconds
(around 25 by my count), the USB mouse no longer worked, but my
previously non-working-in-FC2 pointing stick and buttons suddenly
worked! Pointing stick and touchpad and USB mouse used to work in FC1
altogether without any problems. Now only USB mouse and touchpad works.
So I was quite surprised that suddenly the pointing stick works.

Anyway, seems USB ports died on resume after that 25 seconds. As
plugging mouse and other USB devices on the 2 ports no longer worked.

dex