Proper way to prevent a device (that's unrecognized) fromhotplugging?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri May 28 20:38:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 13:13, me at prestoncrawford.com wrote:
> I did put it in /etc/hotplug/blacklist. I put usb-storage there. That's the point, though. I don't
> want to have to do that. I'd rather blacklist the Rio somehow. Like make sure it gets assigned to a
> specific device then blacklist that device. Or something. I'm just not sure how you go about that.
> usb-storage is too broad to blacklist. Includes cameras, usb memory keys, etc.

Hmm...

can you post the stuffs from your messages?? I don't exactly know what to do, but I have a
rough idea what can be done. The only thing is to locate where the invocation is called.

I do this for my network (PCMCIA) card, which has only 1 slot and I have both a wifi and a LAN
and I just set it up so that it detects what is being inserted and calls the apropriate scripts
directly.

U might want to look into your /etc/hotplug/hotplug.function script and
see if you can hack a workaround.