Re: Mount SMBFS

On Sat, 29 May 2004, Kuske, Barry wrote:

I just installed Fedora Core 2 and am trying to mount a share from one of my
Windows 2000 Servers.  We are on an NT 4.0 Domain.  The share appear to
mount fine.  I ran with debug=4.  The problem is when I change directories
to the mount point and try to do a ls, it just hangs.  At that point I am
unable to umount the mount point even with the -f option.  I end up
rebooting the box to get it disconnected.  During the shutdown the system
hangs with:

Umount: /mnt/lftchance1: device is busy

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I've seen the same problem with FC2. Should check if there is a bugzilla entry already for it.

I wish there was some "smbumount --force" option. Its pretty bad that
we have to reboot <and wait for ever for the smb connection to
timeout> to get out of this...

Satish