Mount SMBFS

Dave fedora.lists at bedworth.mine.nu
Sat May 29 08:29:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 23:14, Kuske, Barry wrote:
> I just installed Fedora Core 2 and am trying to mount a share from one of my
> Windows 2000 Servers.  We are on an NT 4.0 Domain.  The share appear to
> mount fine.  I ran with debug=4.  The problem is when I change directories
> to the mount point and try to do a ls, it just hangs.  At that point I am
> unable to umount the mount point even with the -f option.  I end up

> Umount: /mnt/lftchance1: device is busy

I've been having problems under FC2 too with unmounting devices such as
floppies and cdrom's etc. I've always made sure that no user or
superuser is in the devices folders. But still get the device is busy
error.

I think there is a problem with fam the File Alteration Monitor. I can
unmount the device okay if I kill the users fam PID (from ps aux) as
root. I can then unmount as the user or root and the users fam restarts
up again later.

--
Dave