Re: FC-2 laptop question

Cam wrote:
Shaun

Ah, I see. I'll have to do that too. One question: what command should I have it run for a lid event, or a suspend button event, and so on? Is there a manpage that says what commands are available to use when an event is received?

man acpid, you can generally use any shell commands or a script to do pretty much anything.

My lid conf file looks like:
event=button/lid.*
action=echo -n 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep

How did you know that that was the correct action to take for the lid? I don't see that sort of thing on the apcid man page. I can see what the events are from the logs, and the man page tells me what syntax to use to tell it what to do for a given event, but it doesn't tell me what I can choose from for any given event.

-ste