whichcd, redhat-config-**** in FC2

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 22:58:17 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > whichcd exists for pretty much anything that
> supports
> > RPM inclusion, but the author has yet to release a
> > version incorporating the FC2 CD's.
> >
> > I've found Michael (the author) very responsive
> when
> > simply requesting what releases to include in
> whichcd,
> > so as I requested FC1 inclusion in his software,
> so I
> > have also requested he include FC2 in it.
> >
> > You'll always find the latest releases of it here:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/whichcd/
> >
> > It should only be a matter of days.
> >

> Hi Michael,
>
> Don't know how it compares to the package you're
> talking about
> but FC2 comes with a whichcd utility.   It's in the
> comps-extra
> package.
>
> $ /usr/share/comps-extras/whichcd.py kernel-source
> kernel-source-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.i386.rpm is on disc
> 3
>
> $ /usr/share/comps-extras/whichcd.py kernel
> kernel-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.i586.rpm is on disc 1
> kernel-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.i686.rpm is on disc 1
> kernel-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.athlon.rpm is on disc 1
>
> Cheers,
> Sean

Oh ok.. I didn't know that... the whichcd package I'm
talking about above lists many distributions (not just
FC releases). I've used that package for a while since
I tend to run different flavours of Linux and easily
install it on all my machines, but yeah, if FC2 has it
already then why not use it :) .. just note the
difference being (from the whichcd rpm description):

A script that determines which CD of a Linux
distribution a given package can be found on. The
script 'whichcd' takes package names as arguments.
Multiple arguments may be given. "whichcd" knows about
Red Hat Linux, Fedora Core, Mandrake Linux, and White
Box Enterprise Linux.

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com