How are data DVDs written under FC1 ?

Greetings Everybody ,

I wanted to ask how can someone write a data dvd under Fedora Core 1 .
Am familiar with cdrecord and mkisofs as far as writting cds is concerned .
I know that there is a command called dvdrecord which seems to work like
cdrecord . But am rather uncertain on how to create a 4,5 GB ISO image in order to
feed it to dvdrecord to do the writing . Does anyone have any hints/examples ?

Thank you in advance for your time

Kind Regards,
   Kostas