[OT] Help: how to restore LILO/partition table

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sun May 30 13:18:18 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 05:11:02 AM -0700, Mick Mearns (off_by_1 at yahoo.com) wrote:

> Can you remove the hard drive and install from a desktop using an
> adapter?

I have just discovered, unmounting the CD-ROM drive, that it has a
Master/Slave switch. It doesn't help, however. If I put it to slave,
the bios still says:

Master C: 1443 KB
Slave  D: 1443 KB

Being "D:" a CD-ROM, everything is still messed up. At the same time,
it says at boot (if it doesn't panic) "operating system not found". I
must have screwed the boot sector, MBR, whatever. How can I restore
it?

Ciao,
	Marco F.
--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it

Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to conquer the
world.                      -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.