[FC2] Booting from SATA disk Gigabyte 8IPE1000PRO2

I have asked what looks like it might be a cold, lonely question about booting with the FC2 kernel from my SATA drive on my Gigabyte 8IPE1000 PRO2 m/b so I'm going to pop the question: does anyone out there have similar problems? Better yet does anyone have a motherboard/sata combo like me? Can you relate your experience? Then I'll know if my problem is something dumb that is specific to me or if it is a problem with FC2

Marc