RE: FC2 Make modules_install fails everytime

Did I ask a question that no one can answer? Do I get a prize? Let me
guess... Free software? Cool.

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Steve Pyatt
Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2004 8:47 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: FC2 Make modules_install fails everytime

When trying to build a kernel it fails every time I run the make
modules_install. The error is;

if [ -r System.Map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map
2.6.5-1.358custom; fi
Make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 143

I read somewhere you could make the file by hand, but hey I don't use a
computer to do things by hand.

Any ideas on how to correct this, or what the issue may be?

Steve
http://www.voodoovenue.com