Re: FC-2 Add/Remove Applications rant ...

You did an 'apt-get update' before trying to install, right?

Oops. Nope.

Assuming you did, your repositories might still be misconfigured or
missing. Try the'apt-cache policy' command to see if synaptic is found.

[root dhcppc5 root]# apt-get upgrade Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded. [root dhcppc5 root]# apt-get install synaptic Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done E: Couldn't find package synaptic [root dhcppc5 root]# apt-cache policy synaptic W: Unable to locate package synaptic [root dhcppc5 root]#

Suggestion: if you install apt-get from Dag Wieers' repo, it comes with
many useful repos pre-configured, each on its own .list config file on
/etc/apt/sources.list.d dir.

I downloaded it from the link in the wiki, whereever that was. I'll see if I can find the one you mention.

-ste